Last Updated August 4, 2019.
We are committed to integrity and professionalism in all areas of our services and therefore we take our
obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”) seriously. We will use all reasonable endeavours
to protect your privacy and ensure that personal data is collected and processed in accordance with the Act
and only as outlined below.
Your Personal Data; What we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data from you if you buy or use products or services from us:
- Your name, date of birth, address, email address, country of origin, or ip address.
- information about your computer, including but not limited to your IP address, operating system. We may
obtain information by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies
contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and allow us to recognise your PC
and your preferred settings. Most browsers can be programmed to reject, or warn you, before using cookies.
Your Personal Data; How we use it
- We will use your personal data for administrative purposes, including making a contract with you, billing
you, receiving payment from you and carrying out services for you.
- We may use the data you provide to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. To ensure that your credit,
debit or charge card has not been used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other
personal information that you supply during the order and payment process. In performing these checks,
personal data you provide may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency, which may keep a
record. This is done only to confirm your identity and no credit check is performed, and your credit
rating should not be affected.
- We may use your email address to contact you with news, updates, and RuneLine related matters
Your Personal Data; Use by third parties
- Personal data may be disclosed to third parties or authorities if criminal activity is suspected
We will not provide any other your personal data to any third party unless
- you specifically authorise us to do so; or
- we need to do so in relation to a payment transaction with a credit or debit card company or in
relation to a direct debit transaction with a bank or other financial institution or credit
reference agency; or
- we are required to do so by law or other binding regulation.
In line with current requirements under the Data Protection Act, 1998, we will retain your personal data for
no longer than necessary. We encourage you to provide full personal data and you agree to provide personal
data which is in all respects true, accurate and up to date and is not misleading, deceptive or inaccurate.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal data under our control from unauthorised access, improper
use and disclosure. Even though we have taken reasonable steps to protect your data whilst it is being
transmitted, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to us by the internet and any
transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security
features to prevent unauthorised access.
The full extent of the personal data we hold on you is displayed in the Administration section of our website
at RuneLine.com. You may ask us to provide you with a copy of the personal data we hold about you for a
nominal fee by sending an email to [email protected] For your protection, we may ask for proof of your
identity before providing any information and reserve the right to refuse to provide information requested
if your identity is not established to our satisfaction.
please contact us at the address above.